Quota Club of Alliance is committed to helping our community to grow and prosper. Here are some of our projects.
- Alliance YWCA Clothes Closet
- Alliance Area Domestic Violence Shelter
- Alliance Community Food Pantry
Wags for Dogs
ABC for Kids (school supplies for students in the Alliance area)
- Christmas party for “We Girls Together,” an after school program at Alliance Middle School in conjunction with the YWCA
- Adopt a Family at Christmas
In 1980, Quota International of Alliance established a Memorial Scholarship fund. Each year, $500 is available to all senior girls residing in or graduating from Alliance, Marlington, Sebring, or West Branch School Districts. St. Thomas Aquinas senior girls may apply if they reside in one of the above four school districts. The applicant must plan to attend an accredited college or university upon graduation. The scholarship application is available on the high school websites from January through March each school year. For more information, contact the high school guidance counselor.
The winner of this year’s Quota Club Scholarship is Fatima Guadalupe Magana Meza. Fatima is 2019 graduate of Alliance High School. She will be attending the University of Mount Union.
Career Tech Scholarships
This is first year Quota made a donation to help defray the cost of supplies for students entering their Junior year in the Career Tech programs at Alliance High School. The top student in each one of the seven programs at the high school, received a donation to cover 1/2 of their supplies for their program starting in the fall. Students were picked based on need and grades by the high school.
Community Service/Service to Youth
Here are some of the recent programs to which we have donated:
- Beech Creek Botanical Garden & Nature Preserve
- Rodman Public Library Children’s Department
- Sparkle Awards to highlight achievements of elementary students in Alliance and Marlington Schools
- Habitat for Humanity
- Hygiene kits to a local homeless shelter